- 500 g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500 g Sweet potato(es), raw, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400 g Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
- 1 small Onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 medium Carrots, raw, finely chopped
- 1 medium Courgette, finely chopped
- 100 g Green Beans, chopped
- 1 teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 50 g Sweetcorn, canned, drained, thawed if frozen
- 4 teaspoons, level Gravy granules, dry, ensure gluten free
- 1 pinch Salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
Cook the potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water until tender – about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan and add the mince a handful at a time, frying over a high heat until browned. Stir in the onion, carrot, courgette, green beans and mixed herbs. Add 300ml (1/2 pint) water and bring up to the boil then simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Preheat the grill and warm a large baking dish under it for 1 - 2 minutes.
Drain and mash the potatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the sweetcorn to the mince mixture then sprinkle in the gravy granules, stirring until thickened. Season if needed, then tip into the baking dish. Top with the mash then grill until browned. Serve immediately.