We've transformed this typically high fat dish into a low fat version. It's great for picnics or served with a salad on a lovely summer evening.
- 8 sheet(s), small Filo Pastry, (thawed if frozen)
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium Spring Onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw
- 150 ml Skimmed Milk, diced
- 75 g Wafer thin ham
- 40 g Cheshire Cheese, or Lancashire, grated
- 1 sprig(s), fresh Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoons Black pepper
- 2 medium Tomato, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.
Unroll filo pastry sheets, covering with clingfilm or a clean, damp tea towel to prevent them from drying out as you work. Mist each one with spray cooking oil and layer them in a 20cm (8 inch) round flan tin. Place tin on a baking sheet.
Mist a non-stick frying pan with spray cooking oil. Saute spring onions until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
Beat together eggs and milk. Stir in ham, cheese, parsley, spring onions and seasoning. Layer tomatoes over pastry base, then pour in egg mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes until set. Cool slightly, then cut into quarters and serve.