- 1000 g Potato(es), Raw, (1kg), peeled and cut into thick chips
- 10 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/8 teaspoons Black pepper
- 1 teaspoons Paprika
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C/400°F. Put a large roasting tin in the oven to preheat at the same time.
- Prepare the potatoes up to 2 hours in advance, keeping the uncooked chips in a large bowl of cold water until needed, then drain well and pat dry, by patting them with kitchen paper or drying them in a clean tea towel.
- Remove the hot roasting tin from the oven. Spray with low fat cooking spray. Tip in the chips, then spray with low fat cooking spray. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika (if using).
- Roast the oven chips for 30 minutes, turning after 20 minutes. Cook for a little longer if necessary, so that the chips are cooked and browned.