Enjoy a taste of indulgence, with a hint of chilli heat.
- 75 g Dark Chocolate, dark, broken into pieces
- 4 teaspoons, heaped Cocoa Powder
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 2 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw, separated
- 1 teaspoons, level Chilli Powder
- 1 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 12 portion(s), medium Cherries, fresh
Put the chocolate pieces into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted.
Blend the cocoa powder with the hot water, then add to the chocolate and stir really well until smooth. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
Beat the egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture. Replace the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water and cook gently for about 5 minutes, stirring until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the chilli powder. Taste to check the heat, adding a little more if required.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then add the caster sugar and whisk again until glossy. Fold through the chocolate mixture using a large metal spoon. Share between 6 small glasses and top with a cherry. Serve with the remaining cherries.