- 1 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 4 medium Chicken breast, skinless, raw
- 1 medium Onion(s), thinly sliced
- 16 individual Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 individual Chilli, Green or Red, (optional)
- 50 ml Medium White Wine
- 50 ml Fresh Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoons Vinegar, All Types
- 24 individual Olives, in Brine
- 1 tablespoons Capers, in Brine, rinsed
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoons Black pepper
- 1 teaspoons Basil, fresh, (to garnish)
Mist a large non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts and cook over a medium heat for about 20 minutes, turning often.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mist a non-stick saucepan with low fat cooking spray and add the onions, frying them over a medium heat until soft, adding a splash of hot water, if needed. Add the tomatoes and chilli (if using) and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
Pour in the white wine and stock and cook for about 10 more minutes, until reduced.
Add a few drops of balsamic vinegar, the olives and capers. Season to taste and serve with the chicken, accompanied by lightly cooked fresh green vegetables. Garnish with a few basil leaves.