- 160 g Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- 1 tablespoons Lime Juice, Fresh
- 1 teaspoons Root Ginger
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons, level Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoons, level Coriander, Dried
- 500 g Chicken breast, skinless, raw, cut into 4cm cubes
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, (use red), deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Paprika
- 250 g Tomato Purèe
- 250 ml Light Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons Coriander, fresh, chopped
- 300 g Easy cook white rice, boiled, preferably Basmati
Combine yogurt, lime juice, ginger, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp cumin, coriander and chicken in a large bowl. Stir to coat. Cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat grill pan over high heat. Soak 4 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
Skewer chicken pieces onto bamboo skewers. Grill for 3-4 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes. (Soaking wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes will prevent charring).
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and spray with low fat cooking spray. Add remaining garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute. Add cumin and paprika and stir, adding a little water if necessary to prevent sticking. Add tomato puree and evaporated milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring for 5 minutes.
Remove grilled chicken from skewers. Add to tomato mixture and simmer for 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in coriander. Serve the chicken on top of the rice.
- This is quite a detailed recipe, but you can make most of it in advance. Marinate the chicken and refrigerate overnight; this will impart an even better flavour. Cook the rice the day before and refrigerate. Simply reheat in the microwave before serving!