- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 medium Onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium Apple(s), chopped
- 4 g Curry Powder, mild
- 450 g Chicken breast, skinless, raw, boneless, cut into chunks
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), (make 1/2 pint)
- 25 g Sultanas
- 1 tablespoons, level Tomato Purèe
- 125 g Brown Rice, dry, basmati
- 1 medium Banana(s), sliced
- 320 g The Co-Operative Low Fat Natural Yogurt, (8 tbsp)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Black pepper
- 4 sprig(s) Coriander, fresh, (to garnish)
Mist a large saucepan with spray cooking oil. Sauté; onions and apple for 3-4 minutes. Stir in curry powder.
Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until sealed all over.
Add chicken stock, sultanas and tomato puree. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for about 40 minutes.
Twelve minutes before end of cooking time, put rice on to cook in plenty of lightly salted boiling water.
Just before serving, add sliced banana, chopped coriander and 4 tablespoons of yogurt to the curry. Season. Cook for 2 minutes.
Serve curry with hot cooked rice, adding one tablespoon of yogurt to each portion. Garnish with coriander.
- This recipe is suitable for the Higher Carb approach.