Chicken and tarragon make the perfect partnership in this easy meal that’s ideal for a stylish supper.
- 500 g New potatoes, raw, scrubbed
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 4 medium Chicken breast, skinless, raw
- 1 medium Onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 pub measure Vermouth, Dry, (50ml) or dry white wine
- 200 ml Fresh Vegetable Stock, chicken or vegetable
- 100 g Low Fat Soft Cheese, 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoons Rosemary, Fresh, or thyme, chopped
- 1 pinch Salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
Cook the potatoes in boiling, lightly salted water for 20 minutes, until tender.
Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with calorie controlled cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts and cook over a medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until golden. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat until softened. Pour the vermouth or wine into the pan and let it bubble up for a few moments.
Whisk the stock and low fat soft cheese together until smooth. Stir in the chopped tarragon and season with black pepper. Add to the frying pan and cover with a lid or a piece of foil. Simmer over a low heat for 20-25 minutes.
Drain the potatoes thoroughly. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the potatoes. Cook for a few minutes, turning often, until golden. Season and sprinkle with the rosemary or thyme.
Check that the chicken is thoroughly cooked by piercing the thickest part with a sharp knife – the juices should run clear. If there is any trace of pink, cook for a few minutes longer. Serve the chicken with the potatoes, garnished with tarragon sprigs.
- Use Cheese, Soft, Low Fat (less than 5% fat), with garlic and herbs for extra flavour.Add extra tarragon sprigs to garnish if desired.