A simple, hearty and warming winter dish.
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 600 g Chicken breast, skinless, raw, boneless
- 2 medium Onion(s), sliced
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, chopped finely
- 100 g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium Carrots, raw, sliced
- 400 g Tinned Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons, level Tomato Purèe
- 2 sprig(s), fresh Parsley, fresh, 1 chopped and 1 to garnish
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), chicken, made up with 300 ml (1/2 pint) hot water
- 1 pinch Salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoons Black pepper
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F.
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Heat, add chicken breasts and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes on each side, until browned. Transfer to ovenproof casserole.
Sauté onions and garlic in frying pan for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add to casserole with mushrooms, carrot, tomatoes, tomato puree and parsley.
Pour stock into frying pan and bubble it up, stirring to absorb pan juices. Add to casserole and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook casserole for 1 hour, until chicken and vegetables are tender. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with jacket potatoes, rice or pasta.