- 2 large Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small Onion(s), red, finely chopped
- 1/4 individual Cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Coriander, fresh, chopped, or parsley
- 1/8 teaspoons, level Chilli Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Black pepper
- 350 g Squid, raw, rings
- 2 tablespoons Skimmed Milk
- 50 g Polenta, Dry, or instant semolina
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
First make the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, tomato ketchup, coriander or parsley and chilli flakes or powder. Season. Set aside.
Pat the squid rings dry with kitchen paper, then put them into a bowl with the milk. Season.
Put the polenta or semolina into a large polythene bag or sprinkle it onto a plate. Add the squid rings and toss to coat.
Mist a large non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add a few squid rings and cook for 4-6 minutes, turning once. Cook the rest in batches, misting each time with low fat cooking spray. Drain on kitchen paper. Serve with the salsa.