Butternut, halloumi & lentil scramble
750 g, ready-prepared chunks
1 teaspoons, level, smoked
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
Green or Brown Lentils, cooked
2 can(s), large, drained
1 tablespoons, extra virgin
Red Wine Vinegar
Hot Pepper Sauce (Tabasco)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the butternut squash on a baking tray, sprinkle with the smoked paprika and season, then mist with cooking spray. Toss to combine and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until lightly golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Slice the halloumi into 12 thin slices and fry for 2 minutes per side, until golden, then roughly chop into bitesized pieces. Set side.
- Mist the same pan again with cooking spray and set over a high heat. Fry the eggs for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- Add the spinach to the tray with the butternut squash, and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes, until wilted.
- Remove the tray and transfer the contents to a pan. Add the lentils and halloumi, and stir to combine, before gently heating through. Stir in the olive oil and vinegar, then season to taste.
- Divide the scramble between 4 plates and top each with a fried egg and a dash of Tabasco, to serve.