Chicken breast, skinless, raw
500 g, or beef steak, lamb leg fillet
Fresh Vegetable Stock
3 medium, sliced
Peppers, All Types
Baby corn, canned
100 g, button
King Prawns, Raw
8 individual, tiger prawns, about 120g total weight
Asda Oyster Sauce
Sweet Chilli Sauce
New potatoes, raw
200 g, cooked
- Cut the meat into bite size pieces, not too thick. Mix with the soy sauce and sherry. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes whilst you cut the vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Put the stock on to boil in a saucepan and when boiling pour into a fondue pot with the burner lit underneath. Adjust the flame so the broth gently simmers.
- Lay the meats, vegetables and prawns out attractively on a platter with long wooden skewers on the side. Mix the sauces with 1-2 tablespoons of cold water and spoon into small dishes.
- Add the spring onions and coriander to the broth. Your guests can then skewer a piece of meat and one or two vegetables or a prawn onto a skewer then pop it into the simmering broth. The meat should take about 2-3 minutes to cook and can be dipped lightly into the sauces.
- When all the meat and vegetables are eaten, pour the (by now) very tasty broth into cups for soup. The potatoes could be skewered and reheated in the broth also.