- Total Time
These fast and easy burritos are made with scrambled eggs and mushrooms stuffed into ready-made soft flour tortillas – served with a speedy tomato salsa. Yum!
Tomato2 medium, finely chopped
Tomato ketchup2 tablespoons
Spring Onions2 medium, finely chopped
Mushrooms100 g, sliced
Vegetable stock cube(s)1 cube(s), vegetable, made up with 150ml hot water
Black pepper½ teaspoons
Calorie controlled cooking spray1 spray(s)
Egg, whole, raw3 medium, raw
Skimmed Milk2 tablespoons
Tortilla wrap(s)2 medium
Salt1 pinch, to taste
- First make the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, tomato ketchup and spring onions. Set aside
- Next, simmer the mushrooms and vegetable stock in a saucepan for about 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium non-stick saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Beat the eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper. Add to the saucepan and scramble the eggs over a medium heat until just set. Remove from the heat.
- Warm the tortillas in a hot frying pan, one at a time, flipping them over after a few seconds.
- Lay the tortillas on two separate serving plates and fill the centre with scrambled eggs and well-drained mushrooms. Fold up one edge of each tortilla to form the base, then fold in the sides to form pockets. Serve with the tomato salsa.
- Cook’s tips: For extra flavour, stir a couple of snipped grilled turkey rashers into the scrambled eggs. This will add 1/2 Point per serving. If you like, add some chopped fresh herbs to the salsa, such as coriander or parsley.