Filo plum tarts
You’ll love these light, crisp pastries topped with frangipane and slices of juicy plums. Find this recipe and more in our Sweet cookbook, out now.
Serves: 8 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Difficulty: Easy
8 Sprays Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Mist 2 baking sheets with the cooking spray.
- Cut each filo sheet into 8 equal squares. Layer the squares on the prepared baking sheets in 8 piles, misting each layer of pastry with a little cooking spray, and offsetting the squares as you go, to make a rough circle.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of the beaten egg, then mix the rest with the ground almonds and sugar to make a paste. Divide this mixture between the pastry circles, spreading it in the middle to leave a border around the edge. Top the almond mixture with the sliced plums. Brush the pastry borders with the reserved egg and scrunch up the pastry a little around the filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve the tarts warm, dusted with a little of the icing sugar.
- Top tip: Keep filo pastry covered with a damp cloth until you need it, to prevent it from drying out.