Frittata to go
These tasty wedges are perfect for packing up and eating on the go.
6 SmartPoints values per serving
SmartPoints values per recipe 25
At the ready
a large saucepan on the hob
a kettle of boiling water
a food processor with grater attachment
a non-stick frying pan
100 g (3½ oz) very small dried pasta
4 spring onions
calorie controlled cooking spray
2 tablespoons skimmed milk
2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
1 roasted red pepper (from a jar, packed in brine)
50 g (1¾ oz) reduced fat mature Cheddar cheese, grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the pasta shapes into the saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water from the kettle. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until just tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, grate the courgette and spring onions in the food processor. Heat the non-stick frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Add the courgette and spring onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain the pasta, rinse it with cold water to cool quickly and drain it again thoroughly. Add the pasta to the frying pan.
- Preheat the grill. Beat the eggs and milk together with the dried herbs and season. Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan and cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes, without stirring, to set the base. Tear up the pepper and arrange the pieces over the surface of the omelette; then sprinkle it with the grated cheese.
- Put the frying pan under the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until the surface has set and is golden brown. Serve at once or, for a packed lunch, cool the omelette completely before cutting it into wedges and wrapping them in cling film or greaseproof paper. Chill until needed.
You can use regular-sized pasta shapes, though they will take a few more minutes to cook.
Taking the wedges to work? Use an insulated container and include a small ice pack to keep the food cool and fresh.
We love sharing our breakfast recipes and hope that this little sample of what you could eat with Weight Watchers whets your appetite. There are plenty more of these when you sign up too!
Find more information about Weight Watchers and healthy eating: