Beef teriyaki and noodles
If you like eating out at noodle bars, try this simple Japanese-style recipe at home instead.
9 SmartPoints values per serving
SmartPoints values per recipe 18
At the ready
a kettle of boiling water
a wok or large non-stick frying pan
250 g (9 oz) lean rump steak
2 tablespoons teriyaki marinade
2 x 50 g nests of dried fine egg noodles
a bunch of spring onions
2 celery sticks
200 g (7 oz) sugar snap peas or mangetout
calorie controlled cooking spray
freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the steak thinly across the grain. Put the strips in a bowl (don’t use a metal one) and add the teriyaki marinade, tossing the meat to coat it. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the nests of noodles into a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- While the noodles are soaking, thinly slice the spring onions and celery. Halve the sugar snap peas or mangetout.
- Heat the wok or large non-stick frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Add the sliced vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the drained steak (reserving the marinade) and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok and stir-fry for a few moments to heat through. Add the reserved marinade and season with black pepper.
This recipe is also ideal for sliced turkey breast steaks, for a SmartPoints value of 9 per serving.
We love sharing our breakfast recipes and hope that this little sample of what you could eat with Weight Watchers whets your appetite. There are plenty more of these when you sign up too!
Find more information about Weight Watchers and healthy eating: