Baked chai doughnuts with cinnamon glaze
SERVES 6 – Prep time 15 minutes + cooling + setting – Cook time 10-12 minutes – Calories 156 per doughnut SmartPoints - 5 per doughnut, 32 per recipe
Calorie controlled cooking spray 150g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 200c, fan 180c, gas mark 6. Mist a 6-hole doughnut tin with cooking spray.
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices in a large bowl. Stir to combine and make a well in the centre.
- In a jug, stir together the milk, egg, melted spread, vanilla extract and cider vinegar. Gradually pour into the flour mixture, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe into the prepared tin, filling each hole two-thirds full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until risen and golden, then transfer the doughnuts to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: stir together the icing sugar, 1tbsp water and the cinnamon until smooth
- Once cool, dip the doughnuts in the glaze and return to the cooling rack to set – this will take about 10 minutes.