Banana and Berry Drop Scones
Don’t think of this as a breakfast just for weekends. If you make the drop scones when you have more time, you can then wrap and freeze them in batches of four. Simply microwave (or toast lightly) to serve with the fresh fruit and fromage frais, for a midweek breakfast that feels utterly indulgent.
7 SmartPointsTM values per serving
SmartPoints values per recipe 28
|Drop scones only:|
125 g self-raising flour
a pinch of salt
2 teaspoons caster sugar
150 ml skimmed milk
250 g blueberries
calorie controlled cooking spray
2 bananas, sliced
150 g strawberries, quartered
200 g fat-free natural fromage frais
4 teaspoons honey, to drizzle
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl with the salt and then stir in the sugar. Make a well in the middle and break in the egg. Gradually whisk in the egg and the milk until you have a thick, smooth batter. Stir in 100 g of the blueberries.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with the cooking spray. Drop in 4 spoonfuls of blueberry-studded batter and cook for about 1½ minutes each side over a medium heat.
- Keep the cooked drop scones warm while you make 3 further batches, to give a total of 16 drop scones.
- Meanwhile, combine the rest of the blueberries with the sliced bananas and strawberries.
- Serve 4 drop scones per person, topped with the fruit, fromage frais and a drizzle of honey.
We love sharing our breakfast recipes and hope that this little sample of what you could eat with Weight Watchers whets your appetite. There are plenty more of these when you sign up too!
Find more information about Weight Watchers and healthy eating: