WW Launches Healthy Drive Thru
- WW has launched a healthy Drive Thru in the UK to prove that eating healthily doesn’t have to mean restricting yourself
- Research reveals that Brits think about different foods once every minute in January
- Women are 20 per cent more likely than men to think about food every hour
- New WW Flex programme, where no food is off limits
London (9 January 2018) – Today, WW UK launches a healthy Drive Thru offering food on-the-go and proving that eating healthily doesn’t have to be restrictive.
The Drive Thru opening follows research to celebrate the launch of WW Flex, the most liveable and flexible weight loss programme. It found that January is the month that Brits spend the most time thinking about food.
Brits’ thoughts turn to food 12 times more in January than they do at any other time of year, with feeling guilty about over indulging during the festive period (41 per cent) and pressure to lose weight (30 per cent) cited as the main reasons for having food on the brain.
Results show that 41 per cent of Brits think about food once every hour with 8 per cent thinking of food once every minute.
Chocolate topped the list of foods Brits crave most frequently (34 per cent) with this number rising to 50 per cent for 25-34 year olds, closely followed by chicken (23 per cent), cheese (22 per cent) and bread (18 per cent). Surprisingly, it isn’t just comfort food and indulgent treats that made the top ten; fruit (18 per cent) and vegetables (16 per cent) also appear to play on Brits minds, suggesting they are embracing healthier food choices after an indulgent festive season.
Commenting on the launch of the Drive Thru, Zoe Griffiths, Head of Programme and Public Health at WW said:
“For people to successfully lose weight and live healthier; simplicity and flexibility are key. The research findings indicate that people are feeling restricted on what they can eat, and this is causing them to think about food more and crave unhealthier options. We want to remove the thinking that being healthy is difficult or restrictive and show Brits how they can free their minds from constantly agonising over food choices.
“The Drive Thru showcases just some of the foods that you can eat on the WW Flex programme, where no food is off limits, offering a wide range of ZeroPoint™ foods that guide members toward a healthier pattern of eating. It gives people the freedom and flexibility they need to make significant lifestyle changes that have positive benefits beyond just weight loss.”
The Drive Thru will be serving free breakfast, lunch and dinner made from some of the 200 plus ZeroPoint foods available on the new WW Flex programme, near London’s Borough Market on Tuesday 9th January. Available for one day, the pop-up aims to help people through January and demonstrate the vast variety of food you can eat on WW – while still enabling you to lose weight and be healthy.
All of the delicious dishes being served at the WW drive-thru have been cooked fresh from scratch and can easily be recreated in the comfort of your own kitchen.
The survey also indicated that Brits see a number of foods as ‘off limits’ in January, with nearly a third of respondents feeling they shouldn’t eat a takeaway (28 per cent), chocolate (26 per cent) or pizza (19 per cent). Chinese was considered to be the most ‘off limits’ cuisine (18 per cent), with a quarter of 25-34 year olds also feeling that ordering an Indian was a no-go.
Guilt is strongly associated with eating certain foods, particularly for women who are 45 per cent more likely to feel guilty about eating chocolate and fast foods in January. Those surveyed are almost twice as likely to feel guilty about eating unhealthy foods this month versus the rest of the year (49 per cent) and nearly one in five (18 per cent) of 25-34 year olds admit to going as far as cancelling a night out in order to maintain a healthy eating regime.
Top Ten Food Cravings in January:
1. Chocolate 33%
2. Chicken 24%
3. Cheese 22%
4. Bread 18%
5. Fruit 18%
6. Biscuits 17%
7. Vegetables 16%
8. Crisps 16%
9. Pizza 16%
10. Pasta 15%
For more information on WW Flex, please visit: www.weightwatchers.com/uk/
For press enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Survey results achieved in January 2018 via 2,130 general respondents.
With our proven SmartPoints system, FitPoints™ to get you moving and techniques to shift your mindset, combined with our fantastic app, a supportive and inspiring community of people in ‘Connect’, and 24/7 support from Coaches who have been in your shoes, we have everything you need to achieve your weight loss goals.
With WW Flex:
- You get a completely personalised approach for healthy weight loss, with a tailored SmartPoints budget (made up of a daily and weekly allowance, and FitPoints for activity). It’s not a one-size-fits-all approach.
- It’s simple, with a sensible, go-to list of over 200 ZeroPoint foods including lean proteins and fruits and vegetables, that you can eat until you are full and a SmartPoints budget that you can spend on anything else you want.
- All foods are in, you have the flexibility to eat what you want, any day, any time to fit with your life.
- You take control of what you eat and learn healthy habits for life.
- It’s easy to eat out and on the go and still make healthy choices, meaning socialising or working away need never be a problem.
- You are supported with proven tools and techniques to shift your mindset - so you can focus on what really matters on your weight loss journey - taking care of yourself and living your life the way you want to.
- You’ll be encouraged to find what moves you and will can achieve your goals with unique FitPoints to support your fitness.
- You have access to every healthy living tool you can imagine including our enhanced app with barcode scanner, Connect and Online Coach.
About WW International, Inc.
WW International, Inc. is one of the most recognized and trusted brand names among weight-conscious consumers. WW provides commercial weight management services through a global network of Company-owned and franchise operations and offers innovative, digital weight management products through its websites, mobile sites and apps. These services and products are built on the Company's weight management programme, which helps millions of people around the world lose weight through sensible and sustainable food plans, activity, behavior modification and group support. WW has an unparalleled network of Wellness Coaches to assist members on their journey and also offers a wide range of products, publications and programmes for those interested in weight loss and healthier living.