Pumpkin cheesecake slices
Serve these rich, creamy bars with a hot cup of mulled cider for a Halloween treat. Bake and refrigerate for up to three days before serving.
Prep time:20 mins Cook time: 50mins Serve:18 Difficulty: Moderate SmartPoints: 6 per serving
- Peel and chop the pumpkin. Place in a large pan with 150ml water, cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins. Drain thoroughly and mash or liquidise, then leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3/170ºC/150ºC fan/325ºF. Line a 18cm x 28cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Place the biscuits and cinnamon in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs or place in a plastic bag and crush with rolling pin. Set aside.
- Melt margarine in a small pan, add the biscuit crumbs and mix together. Press evenly into the tin and refrigerate until required.
- Beat together the low fat soft cheese, sugar, yogurt, spice and eggs until smooth. Stir in the cooled pumpkin.
- Pour pumpkin mixture on top of biscuit base and spread evenly .
- Bake until set at edges, about 30 minutes. (Note: The very centre will be a little loose). Cool completely and refrigerate overnight before cutting into 18 pieces and serving