Your festive SmartPoints® guide: supermarket foods vs WW recipes
During the festive season, we're saturated with so much yumminess everywhere we look, particularly in our local supermarket.
Not to worry though - we've pulled together a quick guide to SmartPoints values for a few of your festive favourites, plus a WW recipe for each that's easier on your Budget.
Nothing says Christmas quite like the quintessential mince pie. Traditionally deep-filled with mincemeat and encased in a yummy buttery and crumbly pastry, they're a staple at any Christmas gathering.
There are many different takes on the traditional mince pie, and plenty of varieties to choose from. Check out our guide below, including a WW mince pie recipe for just 3 SmartPoints.
All SmartPoints values are per pie, and are the same for all three colours (Green, Blue and Purple). Find out more about our customised plans.
- Asda - 9 SmartPoints
- M&S (the Collection) - 9 SmartPoints
- Tesco (Finest) - 11 SmartPoints
- Iceland (six-pack) - 10 SmartPoints
- Morrisons - 11 SmartPoints
- Sainsburys (deep-filled) - 9 SmartPoints
This colourful wintery veg makes a lovely side dish during the feastive season. Quick and easy, it's always a hit and works beautifully with pork, chicken, turkey, nut roast - pretty much anything really!
SmartPoints values are per portion (detailed below) and are the same for all three colours.
- Tesco (red cabbage & apple, 1/2 pack) - 8 SmartPoints
- M&S (braised red cabbage with bramley apples, 1/2 pack) - 6 SmartPoints
- Waitrose (red cabbage with apple, red wine & cranberries, 100g) - 5 SmartPoints
- Sainsburys (braised red cabbage with apple & kentish cider butter, 1/2 pack) - 9 SmartPoints
- Aldi (sweet braised red cabbage, 1/4 pack) - 7 SmartPoints
No Christmas dinner is complete without the star attraction - roast potatoes. Fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, roasties are a family favourite and totally worth saving some SmartPoints for!
SmartPoints values are per portion and are the same for all three colours.
- Tesco (Finest, with goose fat) - 11 SmartPoints
- Sainsburys (1/4 pack) - 4 SmartPoints
- Asda (1/4 pack) - 6 SmartPoints
- Aldi (with goose fat) - 8 SmartPoints
- Morrisons (frozen) - 6 SmartPoints
- Iceland (frozen) - 8 SmartPoints
A childhood favourite, trifle is both nostalgic and delicious. Layered with sponge, jelly, custard and whipped cream - sometimes with added sprinkles - trifle is a tasty treat and a real crowd-pleaser, especially at Christmas.
Discover the SmartPoints values in your supermarket favourites below, then check out our Cheat's Trifle which is just 5 SmartPoints. See more Christmas dessert recipes.
- Sainsburys (raspberry trifle, 1 pot) - 11 SmartPoints
- Iceland (strawberry trifle, 1 pot) - 8 SmartPoints
- Co-op (Simple value, strawberry trifle, 1 pot) - 9 SmartPoints
- Tesco (Healthy living, strawberry trifle, 1 pot) - 7 SmartPoints
- Waitrose (Essential, strawberry trifle, 1/4 pack) - 11 SmartPoints
- Asda (strawberry trifle, 1/4 pack) - 10 SmartPoints
- M&S (Count on Us, strawberry trifle, 1 pot) - 7 SmartPoints