Festivals the WW way
1. Check out all the food stalls when you first arrive, so it will be easier to find the better options when you’re hungry. Bypass greasy fried foods and pies and look out for fresh salads or veg-packed rice bowls instead. Dishes made with filling ingredients such as beans & legumes or healthy grains are also good choices.
2. If you’re unsure what types of food will be available, pack your own snacks. Fresh fruit, such as bananas, apples or grapes are easy to carry along, and store-bought snacks such as rice cakes and popcorn will also keep hunger at bay. Don’t forget your water bottle, either: staying hydrated is key, and will also help you avoid the temptation of fizzy drinks.
3. When you do eat, savour the flavours, textures and colours of your meal, and appreciate the people you’re with and the scenery around you (especially if the sun’s shining!). Find somewhere to sit down so you can eat more leisurely, and try to find a spot out of view of the food stalls to avoid further temptation.
4. Plan ahead and use your rolled over SmartPoints®. Or, use your weekly SmartPoints to indulge in a delicious meal or a few drinks – it’s up to you!
5. Remember, if you end up going over your daily allowance, don’t panic! It’s not the end of the world. You can always get yourself back on track the following day.