Spaghetti carbonara recipes
If you're looking for a quick weeknight recipe the whole family will enjoy, spaghetti carbonara could just be the answer.
Using a handful of easy ingredients, this speedy pasta dish is simple, cheesy and delicous.
Try our original carbonara recipe, then scroll down for 3 more.
WW's easy carbonara recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 4 sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, skin on
- 100g bacon medallions, cut into 1cm chunks
- 240g white spaghetti
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 40g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Mist a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add the onion, and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened, adding a splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Gently crush the garlic cloves with the back of a spoon, then add them to the pan along with the bacon. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the bacon is golden. Remove and discard the garlic cloves.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti to pack instructions. Drain, reserving 100ml of the cooking water, and return to the pan.
- Add the bacon and onion mixture, the egg yolks and Parmesan to the pasta and stir to combine, allowing the heat from the pasta to cook the egg and form a sauce. Add a little of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce so it coats the spaghetti.
- Season to taste, then serve sprinkled with more freshly ground black pepper.
Top tip: Try adding some sliced button mushrooms to the pan with the onion for no extra SmartPoints. Add some greens to your meal by serving with a side of fresh rocket leaves.