Aubergine 1 large
Tomato salsa 200g
(light) Mozarella 75g
Bread Crumbs 4 Tbsp.
Figs, cut open to reveal flesh 4
For the Tomato Salsa
Calorie Control Spray 5 sprays
Cherry tomato 250g
Capers 1 Tbsp.
Shallot, finely diced 120g
Coriander, chopped Small handful
Salt and pepper To taste
- Add the cherry tomato to a lined baking tray and spray with the calorie controlled spray. Bake in a pre heated oven, (180oc/Gas 4 ) for 20 minutes or until roasted and soft.
- In a bowl add the roasted tomatoes, capers, shallot and coriander and mix to combine. Season.
- Slice the aubergine lengths ways and gently cut out the top layer of flesh to create a groove on each half. Dice the excess flesh and add to the tomato salsa.
- Fill each groove with the salsa and place three balls of mozzarella on each half. Sprinkle over the bread crumbs and bake in a pre heated oven on 180oc/Gas 4 for 40 minutes or until the aubergine is completely soft and the cheese has melted.
- 20 minutes before the aubergine is ready to come out of the oven, add in 4 figs. Bake the figs until the juice starts to seep from the fig. This should take roughly 20 minutes.