Spring means it's time for succulent lamb. This super dish is easy to make, yet packed full of flavour.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
SmartPoints: 6 per serving, 23 per recipe
2 raw lamb racks with bone, each with 6 cutlets
75g dried breadcrumbs
finely grated zest of 1 orange
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 raw egg white, lightly beaten
1 pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
100g watercress and rocket salad bag
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C. Place the racks of lamb in a roasting tin.
- Mix together the dried breadcrumbs, orange zest, garlic, parsley and egg white. Season with salt and pepper. Add enough warm water to make a stiff mixture. Share the mixture between the two lamb racks, packing it over the surface. Sprinkle over the rosemary. Roast for 30 minutes, covering with a sheet of foil the coating becomes too brown.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Mix together the red onion and vinegar, leaving it to soak for 10 minutes to soften and bring out its colour. Peel the oranges with a sharp, serrated knife to remove all the peel and pith, then slice into segments, removing all the membrane. Add to the onion with the bag of salad, tossing to combine.
- Carve the lamb cutlets, allowing 3 per person. Serve with the salad.
- Notes: You can buy trimmed racks of lamb from most supermarkets.