Weight Watchers Recipe
9 SmartPointsTM Value
4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Spray a large lidded saucepan or flameproof casserole with the cooking spray. Add the drumsticks, in batches if necessary, and cook over a high heat, turning, until browned all over. Repeat as necessary until all the chicken is browned, removing the drumsticks to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion to the pan and cook for 5–7 minutes until softened and starting to brown. Add the garlic and stir briefly. Add the smoked paprika and stir for a further minute.
- Add the beans and tomatoes and stir well to mix. Half fill the tomato can with water and add this to the pan, stirring well. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to simmer for a further 20–30 minutes until the chicken is tender and pulls easily from the bone.
- Meanwhile, put the rice in a large lidded saucepan and cover with at least double its volume in water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer very gently for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain if necessary.
- Add the spinach to the chicken stew and stir through until wilted. Add the parsley and season to taste. Serve with the rice.
The SmartPoints system is flexible enough to accommodate all your gluten free choices. This meal is suitable for the Gluten Free approach; but with some of the ingredients used please do make sure you check the product labels – sometimes a little stock cube, soy sauce or even ketchup can contain gluten. This recipe is suitable for the Filling & Healthy, Gluten Free and Higher Carb approach.
You can access thousands of recipes by subscribing to WeightWatchers.co.uk.