WW, Weight Watchers reimagined, launches simple and inspiring recipes just for you
23 March 2020: WW, Weight Watchers Reimagined, has launched a new addition to its Healthy Kitchen cookbook range, the Meals for One cookbook - 54 single-serving recipes that are fresh, healthy and easy to make, without creating loads of leftovers or leaving a stack of unused ingredients that will quickly go to waste.
Packed with clever, creative recipes for every occasion, saving you time and hassle of calculating ingredient quantities for one. From light bites, such as tasty Thai fishcakes to a chicken and cashew stir-fry for a midweek meal night in, and from an indulgent shellfish pasta to enjoy at the weekend to super-simple puddings and snacks.
Even if you are not cooking for one, any of the recipes in this cookbook can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled for days when you have more people round the table.
Our liveable programme means life doesn’t have to stop while you lose weight. With myWW nothing’s off the menu, meaning you can still enjoy your favourite foods whilst staying on track. With three plans to choose from; Green, Blue and Purple, this is WW’s most customised weight-loss programme ever, offering more flexibility and freedom than ever before, based on individual food preferences and lifestyle behaviours. Each recipe lists the SmartPoints® values for all three of our customised plans; Green, Blue and Purple, making tracking a breeze.
Having key ingredients on hand is the key to success. They make knocking up impromptu, healthy meals for one a cinch. Here are our top picks:
- Live potted herbs - Avoid food waste and grow herbs in pots on your kitchen windowsill and only snip off what you need, when you need it.
- Fillets, chops and steaks - Individual cuts of meat and fish are perfect for one as they’re already portioned
- Half-size tins - Many of your favourite go-to tinned foods come in smaller, half-sizes. Keep them stocked up for when you’re cooking for yourself.
- Loose fruit and veg - Seek out loose fruit and veg instead of pre-packaged – you’ll reduce waste, by only buying what you need, and ditching plastic, too.
- Noodle nests - Stir-fries, soups, salads and noodles are a great way to bulk out meals. Keep ready-portioned nests in your store cupboard so you can drop a single portion straight into a pan or wok without any weighing.
- Sauces and seasonings - Handy for boosting flavour are bottled seasonings such as soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. A splash here and a drizzle there can enhance the simplest of dishes.
- Frozen fruit and veg - Frozen produce is a no-brainer when solo cooking. You can keep a stash in the freezer, helping yourself to as little or as much as you need – zero waste and zero SmartPoints!
- Spice mixes - A selection of ready-mixed spice blends can totally transform a meal without the need for lots of different ingredients.
Priced at £8.95, the Meals For One cookbook from WW is available exclusively online at www.weightwatchersshop.co.uk. To find out which myWW™ plan best suits you, visit our website www.weightwatchers.com/uk/how-it-works-myww-weight-loss.