Chicken schnitzel recipes
Try using quinoa, polenta or homemade breadcrumbs from high-fibre bread for a healthier crumb.
Healthier chicken schnitzel tips
These schnitzel tricks that will help make your SmartPoints® Budget go further.
- If dining out, ask for extra salad or vegetables on the side instead of chips.
- Ask for your topping on the side (choose gravy or tomato-based sauces over white/cream-based sauces).
- Steer clear of toppings that will increase the SmartPoints value such as ham and cheese.
- Ask if the chef can oven-bake your schnitzel instead of deep frying.
- Half your schnitzel and share with someone on your table or take the other half home.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up. Chefs are usually happy to accommodate your dietary requirements.