Food & Nutrition
In season - Berry recipes
With summer just around to corner, berries are coming into season and are bursting with flavour. Stock up on these little beauties while they’re in season.
Tips for buying and storing berries
- Most berries including blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are in season during spring and summer.
- When buying berries look for dry, plump fruit that’s uniform in colour – berries don’t ripen after picking.
- Kept in their containers in your fridge drawer, strawberries can last up to seven days and blueberries up to two weeks.
- Rinse berries with water and gently pat dry with paper towel. Use a paring knife to remove green stem from strawberries.
- Eat as a snack, in smoothies, salads, desserts and cakes, try a sweet, mixed berry bruschetta for a special breakfast or brunch.
In season during: Autumn, spring and summer.