Yoghurt panna cottas with mandarins in syrup
SmartPoints® value per serving
Try our version of panna cotta for a low-fat spin on this creamy dessert
¾ cup(s), (185ml)
½ cup(s), (110g)
1 whole, split
Low-fat Greek yoghurt
3 medium, large, seedless, peeled, white pith removed
- Place the milk, half the sugar and the vanilla bean and seeds in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil then remove from heat. Stir in the gelatine until dissolved.
- Place the yoghurt in a large bowl. Strain the milk mixture into the yoghurt and whisk until combined. Discard the vanilla bean.
- Place six ½-cup (125ml) capacity dariole moulds on a baking tray. Divide the mixture between the moulds. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight or until set.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining sugar, star anise and 1/3 cup (80ml) water in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the mandarin segments. Simmer for 2 minutes or until syrup thickens. Set aside to cool. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Turn the panna cottas out onto serving plates. Serve with the mandarin segments and syrup.