The humble bowl of soup has come a long way. This gourmet version is tasty, nutritious and easy to make.
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- 1 medium brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1000 g Pumpkin, raw, (1kg, peeled) coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 2 cup(s) chicken stock, (500ml)
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat coconut milk, (60ml)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh coriander, leaves, chopped
Lightly spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and pumpkin and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add stock and 2 cups (500ml) water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked and very tender. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
Blend or process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Ladle soup into serving bowls, swirl through coconut milk and serve immediately sprinkled with fresh coriander leaves.