Lean beef mince, raw
36 g, (2x 30g slices), crusts removed
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
1 small, finely chopped
1 medium, lightly beaten
Ground all spice
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
½ cup(s), (125ml)
Baby spinach leaves
2 cup(s), (60g)
Frozen green peas
½ cup(s), (60g)
1 tbs, chopped
- Place bread in a shallow bowl. Pour over milk and set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add mince, egg, allspice, nutmeg and soaked bread to onion. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, turning gently, for 5 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add flour to pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add stock and cream, stirring constantly, and cook until smooth and combined.
- Return meatballs to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Add spinach and peas and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve topped with dill.