Pork, spinach and caraway sausage rolls
Baby spinach leaves
5 cup(s), (150g)
Lean pork mince
Fresh lemon rind
1 tsp, finely grated
¾ tsp, smoked
35 g, (½ cup), fresh, wholemeal
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, finely chopped
Reduced-fat puff pastry
2 sheet(s), just thawed
½ tbs, (2tsp)
1 tsp, to sprinkle
- Place the spinach in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave, covered, for 1½ minutes or until wilted. Set aside to cool slightly. Squeeze out excess moisture and chop.
- Place the spinach, pork, lemon rind, paprika, egg whites, breadcrumbs and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 squares. Place ¼ cup of pork mixture along one side of a pastry square. Roll to enclose. Place, seam-side down, on tray. Repeat with the remaining pastry and pork mixture to make another 7 rolls.
- Brush the sausage rolls with the milk and sprinkle with the caraway seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden and the filling is cooked through.