Passionfruit and custard tart
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 10 min
This is the perfect after-dinner treat that will cause guests mouths to water at the sight and smell of! Fresh passionfruit combined with delicious thick custard creates a perfect dessert.
Reduced-fat shortcrust pastry
1 individual, just thawed
2 cup(s), (500ml)
WW Custard, Vanilla Bean
Vanilla bean extract
½ cup(s), (1/2 cup of pulp)
¼ cup(s), (55g)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 24cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base with oil.
- Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until large enough to line prepared tin. Line base and side of tin with pastry. Place in fridge for 30 minutes. Trim excess pastry. Cover pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool to room temperature.
- Place milk in a medium saucepan. Add custard mix and vanilla and stir until dissolved. Stir over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Sprinkle 3 teaspoons gelatine over 1 tablespoon boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Stir until gelatine has dissolved. Stir gelatine mixture into custard. Transfer to a medium heatproof bowl and cover surface with plastic wrap (to stop a skin forming). Cool. Pour custard into pastry case. Place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Combine passionfruit pulp, sugar and ½ cup (125ml) water in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle remaining gelatine over 1 tablespoon boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Stir until gelatine has dissolved. Stir gelatine mixture into passionfruit mixture. Pour passionfruit mixture over custard in tart. Place in fridge for 2 hours or until set. Serve.
TIP: You will need about 6 fresh passionfruit for this recipe.