- 2 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 450 g Chicken, lean breast, skinless, raw, tenderloins, (Buy 500g)
- 3 medium orange
- 1 can(s) Lentils, canned, rinsed, drained, (1 x 400g can)
- 1 small Fennel bulb, raw, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh mint, chopped
- 100 g rocket leaves
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, white
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
Reserve ½ teaspoon of the spice mix. Sprinkle the remaining spice mix over both sides of the chicken tenderloins. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
Meanwhile, peel and segment the oranges over a bowl to catch any juice. Combine the orange segments, lentils, fennel, mint, rocket, 1 tablespoon of the reserved orange juice, the reserved spice mix and vinegar in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Divide the lentil salad among serving plates and top with the chicken.
- TIPS: You can make your own Cajun spice mix by blending paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Keep leftover juice from the segmented oranges to use in another salad dressing.