- 2 slice(s) reduced-calorie rye bread
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 oz low-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 oz deli sliced turkey
- 2 Tbsp sauerkraut, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- Place bread on a work surface; spread 1/2 tablespoon mustard on each slice.
- On one slice, place cheese, turkey and sauerkraut. Top with second slice of bread, mustard-side down; press down gently.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Add sandwich and press down on it lightly while it cooks (you can even rest a flat pot lid or a heat-safe plate on top of the sandwich). Cook, turning once, until toasted and cheese has melted, about 6 minutes. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
For the best-tasting sauerkraut, search out the prepared, refrigerated varieties in the deli case at your market.