- 12 large whole wheat pita(s)
- 2 large fresh tomato(es), plum, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 Tbsp basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/3 cup(s), shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Spray a large nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the pitas on the baking sheet.
In a small bowl, mix the tomatoes and salt; stir in the basil, oil and garlic. Top the pitas with tomato mixture, drizzling any liquid in the bowl over the toppings. Bake until the tomatoes are hot and softened, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese; bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes longer. Cut the pitas in half before serving.