The Plateau Baguette
SmartPoints® value per serving
Turn this recipe into a main dish. Prepare the sausage and pepper mixture as instructed and serve it over couscous or rice.
Uncooked turkey sausage(s)
Sweet red pepper(s)
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté sausage until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and oil. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate.
- In skillet, sauté peppers until softened, about 5 minutes. If necessary, add up to 4 tablespoons water to prevent sticking.
- Stir in vinegar, then return sausage mixture to skillet. Toss to combine.
- Split bread lengthwise, almost all the way through, and spread open. Top with sausage mixture.
- Close bread, then cut crosswise into 4 sandwiches