Thai Coconut-Curry Chicken
Light unsweetened coconut milk
13½ fl oz
½ head(s), medium, broken into small florets
1 pound(s), scrubbed, and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
Sweet potato baked without salt
1 medium item(s), peeled, and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
2 medium, cut into 1/2 inch slices
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
Creamy peanut butter with omega-3
3 medium, thinly sliced
Unsalted dry roasted peanuts
2 tbsp(s), salted, chopped
1 item(s), cut into wedges
- In a 4- to 6-qt slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, 4 tsp curry paste, and salt until blended. Add cauliflower, both potatoes, bell pepper, and carrots; toss until mixed well.
- Rub 2 tsp curry paste all over chicken and place on top of vegetable mixture. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours on High or 5 to 6 hours on Low.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces or shred using two forks. Cover and keep warm.
- In a cup, stir together peanut butter and remaining 1 tsp curry paste. Stir into slow cooker; add chicken, stirring until combined well. Spoon chicken-vegetable mixture evenly onto 6 plates or into bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro, scallions, and peanuts, and serve with lime wedges.
- Per serving: 1 1/2 cups chicken curry and 1 tsp peanuts