Spinach and Cheese Quiche
White all-purpose flour
Fresh lemon juice
½ cup(s), (approximately)
2 medium, chopped
1 clove(s), medium, minced
1 Tbsp, chopped
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 oz, grated
3 large, lightly beaten
Fat free skim milk
½ cup(s), low-fat
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Coat a 9-inch (25 cm) round baking dish (quiche pan) with cooking spray.
- For pastry, sift flour and rub in margarine using your fingertips. Stir in lemon juice and enough of the water to make a firm dough. Add extra water if necessary.
- Press dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Between two sheets of baking paper, roll dough out to fit baking dish. Trim sides. Cover pastry with baking paper, fill it with uncooked rice and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard rice and paper and bake a further 10 minutes. Cool.
- To make filling, microwave spinach until it is wilted and drain well. Place spinach over pastry base.
- Cook scallions and garlic in microwave for 1 minute on high power. In a medium bowl combine scallions, garlic, parsley, cheese, eggs and milks. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over spinach and bake for about 25 minutes or until set and lightly browned.