Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak & Portobello Salad
Uncooked lean flank steak
1 clove(s), large, sliced
Sherry cooking wine
2 tbsp(s), divided
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 cup(s), or grape tomatoes, about 8 average
Uncooked portabella mushroom(s)
10 small, approximately, quartered, (equivalent to 1 1/2 cups)
4 cup(s), cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
½ cup(s), chopped
Fat-free balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Combine basil, oregano and lemon pepper in a medium bowl. Rub both sides of steak with garlic and oil; dredge in spice mixture until well-coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon sherry and cook steak about 5 minutes per side. Remove and transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes before slicing crosswise into 8 thin slices.
- While steak is resting, add remaining tablespoon sherry to pan. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Toss lettuce, scallions, mushrooms and tomatoes with vinaigrette.
- Divide salad mixture between four plates. Top with steak.
- Yields about 1 1/2 cups salad and 2 slices steak per serving.