Salmon Bento Box
Reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
3 tbsp(s), divided
2 tsp(s), peeled and minced
1 clove(s), large, minced
Uncooked wild pink salmon fillet(s)
4 oz, skinless
½ small, halved and thinly sliced
½ small, shredded or sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
1 large, trimmed, thinly sliced, and slices cut into matchsticks
Low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp(s), plus more for serving
1 cup(s), steamed florets
Cooked medium grain brown rice
¼ sheet(s), crumbled or thinly sliced (optional)
- In medium bowl, combine 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce, ginger, and garlic. Add salmon, turn to coat, and let marinate 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat small baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine cucumber, carrot, radish, vinegar, and soy sauce; mix well.
- On prepared baking sheet, place salmon and roast until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with fork, 8 to 10 minutes. In bento box or on plate, place salmon. In compartments of bento box or around salmon, place cucumber salad, broccoli, and brown rice. Drizzle salmon with remaining 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce and sprinkle brown rice with seaweed, if using. Serve with soy sauce.
- Serving size: 1 bento box or plate