Italian Grilled Chicken and Bread Salad
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four oz. pieces
Olive oil cooking spray
2 spray(s), or enough to coat chicken and bread
4 slice(s), or crusty white bread 3/4-inch thick
⅛ pinch, or to taste
4 medium, very ripe, chopped
2 cup(s), washed and trimmed
Regular soft tofu
2 tsp, extra-virgin
Fresh lemon juice
1 clove(s), medium, chopped
½ cup(s), chopped
⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Prepare coals for grill.
- Spray chicken breasts and bread with olive oil cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken on both sides until done, about 6 minutes per side. Grill bread on both sides until nicely toasted. Set chicken and bread aside to cool.
- In large bowl, toss together tomatoes and arugula.
- To make dressing, blend tofu, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil and salt in a blender until smooth.
- Add dressing to tomatoes and arugula and toss.
- Cut bread into cubes and toss with tomato salad. Season to taste with pepper.
- Slice chicken breasts into long, thin pieces. Divide salad among 4 plates and top each with sliced chicken.