Indian chicken with spinach, potatoes and chickpeas
Cooked potato(es), red or white
10 oz, red, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Chickpeas (15 oz)
15½ oz, rinsed and drained
10 oz, baby
1 tsp(s), divided
⅛ tsp(s), or to taste
Plain lowfat yogurt
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4 oz cutlets
- In a large pot, cook potatoes in water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In same pot, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until garlic begins to brown, about 1 minute. Add chickpeas; cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook, stirring, until almost wilted, about 2 minutes. Add back potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir. Remove from heat. Stir in yogurt and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine cumin, zest, remaining salt, coriander, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon oil. Rub over cutlets.
- In a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cook cutlets, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Yields 1 chicken cutlet and about 3/4 cup potato mixture per serving.