- 4 pound(s) uncooked lean whole beef rib(s), trimmed of visible fat
- 1 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp dill, chopped
Heat oven to 375°F. Season roast with salt and pepper.
In small bowl combine garlic, mustard, mayonnaise and horseradish. In another small bowl combine parsley, thyme, dill and 1 tbsp mustard mixture.
Place meat, rib-bone down, in a roasting pan; coat top with remaining mustard mixture and cook meat until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centre of roast registers 110°F. Coat roast with remaining dijon mustard and press herb mixture on top with your hands.
Continue cooking until thermometre registers 140°F for medium. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 20 to 30 minutes then carve.