- 1 medium fresh lime(s)
- 2 tsp minced garlic, (10 ml)
- 2 tsp olive oil, (10 ml)
- 1/2 tsp table salt, (2 ml)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, (1 ml)
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), (115 g [4 oz] each breast)
- 1 cup(s) pineapple, 1.25-cm (1/2-in) freshly diced
- 1/4 cup(s), chopped uncooked red onion(s), (60 ml)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, (30 ml)
- 2 tsp jalapeño pepper(s), (10 ml)
- 1 tsp sugar, (5 ml)
- 2 cup(s), raw strawberries
Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
Zest lime; set aside. Juice lime; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine 15 ml (1 Tbsp) lime juice, garlic,2 ml (1/2 tsp) oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bowl; turn to coat both sides and set aside.
In another medium bowl combine strawberries, pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, remaining lime juice, remaining 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp)oil and reserved lime zest; set aside.
Off heat, lightly coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Grill chicken, flipping once, until an instant read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 75°C (165°F), 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve chicken with salsa spooned over top.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 75 ml (2/3 cup) salsa
- Test jalapeno to make sure it has heat. Some chilies are totally mild with no heat. If it’s a hot chili and you don’t want too much heat, remove the seeds. Just make sure not to touch the seeds with your bare hands.