Grilled Beef with Wasabi Slaw
- 5 Tbsp wasabi powder
- 2 tsp unpacked brown sugar
- 1 pound(s) uncooked trimmed beef tenderloin, cut into four 4 oz pieces
- 1 pound(s) packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat grill or broiler. Stir together 2 tablespoons of wasabi powder, brown sugar and salt. Rub on beef. Grill or broil to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium.
- Stir together slaw, oil, remaining wasabi powder, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar until well coated. Yields about 1 slice beef and 1 cup slaw per serving.