- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), minced
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray, (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 3 oz cold-pack american cheese food, (four 3/4 oz slices)
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), shredded
- 2 small olive(s), black, pitted and sliced into 4 pieces each for eyes
- 1 Tbsp sweet red pepper(s), cut into 4 small triangular pieces for noses
- 1 Tbsp cucumber(s), cut into 4 smile shapes for mouths (remove seeds)
In a medium bowl, combine beef, ketchup, onion, salt and black pepper until well-blended. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add burgers and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side until cooked through.
Place a slice of cheese on each burger. Cover skillet and cook over low heat until cheese starts to melt, about 30 seconds. Remove burgers to plates and decorate with carrot hair, olive eyes, red pepper noses and cucumber smiles. Yields 1 burger per serving. (Note: Consider serving children’s burgers in buns and using reduced-fat cheese instead of fat-free.)