Uncooked whole wheat pasta
12 oz, use whole-wheat egg noodles
1 spray(s), (5 one-second sprays per serving), nonstick
2 Tbsp, divided
3 Tbsp, tarragon-flavoured
1 pound(s), sliced (about 6 cups)
Fat free chicken broth
Fat free skim milk
½ tsp, or more to taste
¼ pinch, or more to taste
Fat free sour cream
Cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
Frozen peas and carrots
1 cup(s), thawed
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions with added salt; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9 X 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of margarine and vinegar together in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook until soft, stirring, about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Whisk broth, milk and arrowroot together in a medium-sized saucepan until smooth. Stir in remaining tablespoon of margarine; set over medium heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until thickened and boiling, about 8 minutes. Stir in thyme, tarragon, salt and pepper. Remove sauce from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Combine cooked noodles, chicken, mushrooms, peas and carrots and sauce together In a large bowl. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with grated topping. Bake until bubbling and hot, and top is starting to brown, about 20 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.