- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s), four 4 oz thighs
- 2 medium fresh tomato(es), chopped
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 item(s), medium uncooked bell pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/3 cup(s) frozen green peas
- 2 cup(s) cooked white rice
Place chicken, tomatoes, onion, pepper, broth, garlic, oregano and turmeric in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker (crockpot). Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours.
Add peas and rice; cook, uncovered, until peas are tender, about 15 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving (includes 1 chicken thigh per serving).